Strawberries – so lush and vibrant and gorgeous. Spring is an awesome time to indulge in these berries and these sweet juicy ones never disappoint you. I could never understand why these were relegated to the month of love ( February ) . My little rule book says, use them when they are in season. Eat them, add them in smoothies, make a nice jam out of these, freeze them .. They are so versatile! While They are amazing as such, add a dash of whipped cream and they are so delectable. Want to take it tp another whole new level ? Dip them in melted chocolate wafers .. OOOH yes ! While my personal preference is dark chocolate, these white dippers were my choice for a spring chilling out party. The clincher – it took about 15 -20 minutes for a whole big box of strawberries. Chilled it for an hour and it lasted just a few minutes as part of the dessert entourage ! That good if I may say so myself!
Luscious sweet berries dipped in white chocolate and drizzled with some milk chocolate drizzlers.. Celebrations anytime!
- Ghirardelli Candy Making & Dipping White Melting Wafers : 1/2 – 3/4 cup
- Strawberries : 25-30 pieces
- Toothpicks : 25-30
- Milk chocolate : 6-10 wafers
- Microwave safe bowl
- Large baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Wash the strawberries very well, pat dry to remove as much moisture as possible. ( Water droplets and chocolates are not a good combination)
- Trim the leaves of the strawberries if that is your preference. I left it in to add the visual of green pop of color and also because I knew we would be finishing it in a few hours.
- Skewer the strawberries with a tooth pick ( use a strong one ) vertically. Line them all ready for dipping.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add a portion of the candy chips and melt on medium power with intermittent stirring. *This step is very crucial. Intermittent stirring is essential if not you will burn the chocolate and will have a lump. You need a smooth creamy mix.
- Using the toothpick, dip the strawberries one by one, swirl to cover the are desired. Remove and lay it gently on the lined baking tray. Repeat for the rest , melting chocolate wafers as required.
- Cool at room temperature initially. Because we use candy dipping wafers , these will cool very fast.
- Drizzle melted milk chocolate or dark chocolate to add contrast.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.