There’s only so much a girl can do on a winter day! If it is not the winter blues then it is the winter blues imagined! Cold, dreary, icy wind across the country and I one of the luckier citizens should not rightfully complain.. NC is still a wee bit in the south and we experience the lower double digits mostly at night. We never have to go through it during the day! Brr….If only I could hibernate.. I would gladly do so. So today was one of the days, I spotted gray in the clouds and a bit in my mane. Sigh! Vanity takes a severe blow and suddenly certain things become more lucid…Grey or no Grey, dinner time remains!
Ravaging into the pantry yielded many things, but I gleefully pounced on my container of Pasta ( whole grain one ). It also yielded a french load bread …A quick makeover with a dash of fresh herbed garlic butter and I would be set to go.
Quick toss pasta and Garlic bread
This is a minor variation from the earlier post– the spiced pasta one.
- Cooked Pasta : 3 cups ( cooked al dente)
- Sliced sweet peppers : 2 cups
- Onion , thin sliced : 1
- Vine Ripe tomatoes : thin sliced : 2
- Crushed Garlic : 2 -3 cloves
- Red pepper flakes : 1 tsp ( optional)
- Italian herbs mix – dried kind : 1-2 tsp
- Dried parsley : 1 tsp.
- Garam Masala : 1 -2 tsp
- Curry powder : 1 tsp.
- Oil of your choice : 3-4 tsp.
- lemon juice : 1 -2 tsp.
- salt : per taste
- Cook the Pasta of your choice in a pot of boiling water and as per the instructions.
- In a wide skillet, add in the oil of your choice and heat it up and toss in the crushed garlic, dried herbs, red chili flakes .
- Add in the slivered onions, cook them and then toss in the bell peppers and tomatoes.
- Toss them in gently, and salt this mix so you have crisp but tender veggies .
- Add in all the seasoning and masala mixes you are using. Give it a thorough stir.
- Now add in the pasta and toss it with veggies.
- In about 5 minutes or so, you should have nice and awesome mix of pasta and veggies.Perfectly seasoned!
- Pile it on a plate, add a dash of lemon juice and eat with a side of garlic bread !
- French bread : 1 loaf
- 4 Tbsp of butter
- Minced garlic : 4 -6 cloves
- Dried herb mix : 2 tsp.
- Dried black pepper powder : A huge pinch
- Mix room temp or softened butter with minced garlic, herbs and a dash of black pepper.
- Slather it on the slit french loaf of your choice, cut in thick wedges , bake/ toast in a toaster oven for about 4-6 minutes at 375 deg F or until slightly brown but crisp.