My awesome neighbor dropped a few peaches off for me late yesterday night. Thanks, SP! An unfortunate mix up at the local farmer’s market resulted in an excess bounty of these luscious, fresh,locally grown king peaches! Holy cow! These were pretty, beautiful and begging to be bit into.. Well,Hello Beautiful !!!! You are more than welcome at my place 🙂
So there I was, having a few quiet few minutes to myself, in the wee hours of the morning.. Quiet hours after a bout of insane re -org of the pantry. What,you surprised? Any one who knows me recognizes I go into these occasional bouts of super clean re -org required in the pantry.. Labels, library books, color coding .. You get the picture 🙂
In any case, there was this huge basket filled with luscious peaches and speckled bananas calling out to me. Zip, zap and a few more.. This is one delectable piece and so easy to make. Seriously, my trusted magic bullet came to the rescue and plus I did not feel like messing up the super clean counters…
And here it goes.. the ingredients and method required to make this super delicious,moist and very quick bread!
- Mashed Bananas : 2 large ripe bananas ( approx. 1-1.25 cups) super speckled and very ripe
- Firm peaches 2 numbers : 1.5 cup of finely diced peaches ( skinned is better)
- Natural Brown Crystal sugar : 1/3 cup
- Olive oil : 1/4 cup.
- Large Egg : 1 ( or substitute with flax seed ratio equivalent to one egg.)
- Pure vanilla extract : 1 Tsp.
- Plain yogurt : 1/3 cup
- Self rising flour : 1 and 3/4 cup
- Baking Soda : 3/4 Tsp.
- Ground Cinnamon : 1.5 Tsp.
- Thin sliced peaches – 10
- Ground cinnamon: 1 Tsp.
- Brown Sugar : 1 Tbsp.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Grease a 9 by 5 inch bread loaf pan.I used olive oil to great the pan.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl – the self rising APF + baking soda+ cinnamon powder and set aside.
- Mash/ Puree the bananas. Add in the egg and whisk it very well. Add in the sugar, vanilla extract and whisk very well . Add in the yogurt and oil and whisk it very well again .This entire process of mine happened in one jar of magic bullet. Neat uh? You can go the traditional way and use the hand mixer or stand mixer too.
- Fold the dry ingredients aka flour mix into this very gently.
- Add in the diced peaches and fold it gently into the batter.
- Empty the batter into the prepped loaf pan.
- Gently toss the sliced peaches and sugar and cinnamon together so as to coat the slices very well.
- Top it on the wet batter.
- I just sort of lined them all up.
- Bake at 350ºF for about 45 – 52 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes clean. Mine was done in about 45 minutes.
- Cool for about 10 -15 minutes in the pan.
- Transfer to a wire rack. Let it cool down well before cutting into nice thick slices..
- Serve it straight up, warm, toasted or let your imagination run riot!
Chopped walnuts would add in a nice crunchy twist to this as well.
Want to make this Vegan?
- Substitute the egg with flax seeds ratio substitution ( 1 egg = 1 Tbsp. of flax seeds + 3Tbsp. of warm water. Dry grind the flaxseeds in spice grinder, add in the warm water and whip it to a very creamy consistency to be used in the place of an egg.)
- Swap the yogurt for applesauce.