What do you do when you have bananas attracting fruit flies ( well almost ) and you have an impromptu out of town trip on your hands ? Well you have many options, I say.. Transform the bananas into
- Banana bread
- Banana and nutella concoction of various kinds
- Choc and banana combination .. Ooh!!! heavenly…..
- Experiment – coffee, cocoa and banana and white choc chip.
I mean seriously you cannot go wrong with any of these combinations , but the last option was just begging to happen.. So here we go..
Adapted from Various sources
Yields 14-16 muffins Prep time : 15 min Baking time : 20 -25 min
- 3 large over-ripe bananas (1 1/2 cups), mashed
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa – unsweetened
- 2 teaspoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee powder
- 1/3 cup white chocolate baking chips
- 1 egg, whisked very well
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unflavored oil or olive oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Paper line or prep muffin pans for the required quantity .
- Add in the baking soda to the flour and mix it very well. Next add in the instant coffee or espresso powder and whisk it very well as well. Follow it with the unsweetened cocoa powder next
- In a mixer or blender of your choice, combine mashed bananas, sugar, and oil. Mix until well blended.
- Add milk and egg.Blend well as well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and fold in the choc chips in it.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely.