Good Morning ! Summer seems to be racing by and our days are alternating between packed crazy days and lazy ones.. In all the rigmarole and recent vacations and indulgences not withstanding , a few pounds seems to have crept in and settled rather unpleasantly. And I realized bouncing back to lustrous skin seem to be taking awhile after the milestone birthday. In more ways than one, I guess the body is sending me signals. Well I have received it loud and clear. Need more greens and raw in the system. And I suppose a routine does not hurt.
The first in this would be this awesome super delish morning green power smoothie.
If you abhor the taste of greens, I promise you will not realize this has so much of it. This is light and refreshing and is full of vitamins and immunity boosting powers. I mean what exactly are you waiting for? I did know what I was waiting for . This is going to be huge part of my routine from now on.
A refreshing and light green smoothie that sends you a burst of energy and is very energizing on the palate as well. The freshness of lime and zing from the ginger is a definite welcome.
- Fresh spinach or kale : 1/2 cup
- Ginger : 1 inch, skinned and sliced
- Celery stalk : 1 or 2 cut
- Green apple : 1/4 -1/2 sliced
- Banana : 1/2 sliced
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp.
- Cucumber : 1/4 -1/3 cut in slices
- Wild honey : 1 tsp. ( optional)
- Lime : 1/2 to be juiced
- Ice cubes : 2-4
- Water : 1/4 cup
- Pulverize it all in your Nutribullet or blender of your choice to get smooth refreshing drink.
- Enjoyed cold and best served fresh.
- While going raw, please try to use as much organic resources as possible.
- Wash thoroughly. I repeat wash thoroughly.
- You can always substitute a few, add more, add some protein etc to this . Personalize it I say!