Sweltering heat and hitting high 90’s. The folks at home resemble the wilted greens of a supermarket long past their fresh -by days. The stove at large is not very inviting ..Need something , quick, refreshing, filling, bursting with flavors and filling !
This is going to be a super quick assembly line post folks, please bear with me 🙂
A quick peek into the chill box reveal a few assorted ingredients:
Ingredients, Assembly,Serving :
For the salad : Toss all of these in a wide bowl and refrigerate for half an hour if required.
- 1 cup of Mixed bag of lettuce shredded ( fairly large bite size)
- 1 cup of fresh green Moong Sprouts – Blanched or microwaved for 3-5 min
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes – halved pieces
- 1/2 cup of Carrots – Shredded finely as per your taste
- 1/2 cup of sweet bell pepper (multicolor) – finely sliced in rings or in julienned
For the dressing: Mix all these and pour out on your bowl of salad just before serving
- Juice of 1-2 Limes/ lemon : tanginess is as per your taste
- Black pepper roughly pounded or as a coarse powder : 1 tsp
- Honey ( organic preferred ) : 1 tsp.
- Salt : 1/2 – 1 tsp.
Optional : Adding a a teaspoon of green chutney in the dressing to drizzle over your with this works too
Optional : Use any other dressing of your choice . Italian works very well too.
The idea is to keep it light and refreshing! Dig in, crunch up and enjoy!