Banana Cinnamon Quick Breakfast Muffins
Bananas again? I know what you are thinking. Seriously I am not obsessed with banana, more like trying to finish the remaining 3 sad looking ones – so speckled, that the splotches of brown are beginning to merge to become patches of brown and black on it. The heat and humidity of NC in fact encourages this organic progression at a more ballistic rate. In any case, I wanted to make this into something not terribly sweet and something moist and soft. And something that can be done in minimal equipment. So what do I use? My Magic bullet, a mixing bowl and a whisk.
Simple, quick , delicious, not overtly sweet, laced with cinnamon and made absolutely moist by the bananas, this are perfect domes of indulgence on a Saturday morning!
Pretty pleased with myself, I dare say!
- All purpose flour (self rising) : 1.5 cups
- Baking soda : 1/2 tsp.
- Super ultra ripe bananas : 3
- Brown Cane sugar : 1/3 cup
- Egg: 1
- Flavorless oil: 1/3 cup
- Ground cinnamon powder: 1.25 -1.5 tsp.
- Pure vanilla extract: 1 tsp.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Line a 12 cup muffin or cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the flour and soda and cinnamon powder to ensure they are thoroughly mixed.
- In the large jar of your magic bullet blender or any blender, mush the 3 bananas very well to ensure no lumps.
- Add in the tsp. of vanilla extract, sugar, oil, 1 egg and whip it all together for a couple of min or so.
- The mix is now lighter in color and very creamy.( You should have this stage before mixing it in)
- Add the liquid contents to the dry mix and whisk it all up very gently.
- You will now have a very thick batter mix ready .
- Now is the stage for you to add in any chopped nuts or choc chip if using.
- Distribute the batter in 12 cups to about 3/4 full.
- Bake it for 18-20 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool for a bit in the pan, and then further more on the wire rack.
- Slice, Inhale , Enjoy!
- You might exceed the 12 cups if the quantity of your mushed bananas are a bit more. It happens to be the only variable that I did not quantify today.
- Increasing the cinnamon flavor is totally personal.
- Have a bit of a sweet tooth? Increase the sugar from 1/3 to 1/2 cup. Personally 1/3 looks fine to me.
- Want to add Honey? Go ahead 1/2 -1/3 cup looks good.
- Want to add a streusel topping? It will be awesome in this.
- Nuts? Walnuts would be my first choice. Chopped and folded in the batter would be awesome.
- Choc chips: 1/3 cup and it would be a real indulgence I would say!